Building & Construction Law
We advise building, construction and engineering companies, together with independent contractors on a wide range of matters together with home owners on their rights pursuant to home building contracts and home warranty insurance claims.
The Building and Constructions Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW) and the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (Qld) aim to assist contractors in getting paid for the work they have performed. It offers a relatively simple process for contractors to submit payment claims and enforce same as a registered judgment.
It is important to remember that there are a number of pitfalls that both the contractors and the owner/developers need to be aware of and we are able to advise on these matters.
Registering a Subcontractors Charge, may also be an option in some cases.
Our aim is to provide up to date advice on these matters and also work with you in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission
- Master Builders Australia
- Fair Trade (QLD)
- Legal Aid (QLD
New South Wales
- No duty of care owed by Builder/Developer to Owners Corporation
- The Queensland Subcontractor’s guide to: Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 vs Subcontractors’ Charges Act 1974
- No duty of care owed by builder/developer to owners corporation
If you require further information, please contact Attwood Marshall on 1800 621 071 or email [email protected].
With four offices conveniently located at Kingscliff | Coolangatta | Robina | Brisbane, you can also visit us at an office near you.