Body Corporate and Management Rights
Attwood Marshall Lawyers has specialised in Body Corporate and Management rights issues in both Queensland and New South Wales for many years. We have acted for many Bodies Corporate on the Gold Coast and in Northern New South Wales and have also acted in relation to the sale and purchase of many Management Rights businesses in the same area.
Body Corporate Services
Acting for bodies corporate in relation to the following areas:-
- General advice in relation to By-laws and compliance with relevant legislation.
- Drafting Community Management Statements and By-laws.
- Dealing with disputes and matters involving the Tribunal(QCAT – QLD Civil & Administrative Tribunal and CTTT – NSW Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal).
- Assignment and/or sale of Management Rights and Letting Agreements.
We act in relation to the sale or purchase of Management Rights Agreements in both Queensland and New South Wales. Our senior commercial lawyers specialise in this complex area and some of the relevant issues are as follows:-
- Purchasing the residential unit in the personal names of the managers to obtain the capital gains tax exemption for a principal place of residence and reduce stamp duty.
- Forming an appropriate corporate entity to purchase the business portion of the Management Rights with appropriate asset protection and flexibility of distribution of income issues addressed.
- Ensuring that the Management Rights Agreement and the Letting Agreement have been properly entered into by the Body Corporate or Owners Corporation and have provided the maximum term.
Buying and selling Management Rights businesses are specialist areas and it is important that you obtain appropriate legal and accounting advice from people who regularly act and specialise in this area.
With four offices conveniently located at Coolangatta | Robina | Brisbane | Kingscliff , you can also visit an office near you.
Attwood Marshall Lawyers
Northern NSW & Gold Coast, Queensland